This recipe was part of the Food Fight: Macaroni and Cheese Challenge which ended Feb 29, 2008 04:00 PM. See winners »
Hinted Mac and Cheese Recipe
This recipe is an adaption from something similar my mother makes. My love for mac and cheese and taste of this side dish she makes helped to come up with this recipe. If any ingredients seem like is needed more then add ingredients to fix. i usually do this recipe free hand.
- About a Quarter of a pound Noodles (Egg Noodles can work)
- 5 Slices Velveeta American Cheese
- A Dab Of pepper
- A Dab of Salt
- 2 pinches of Parmesan Cheese (or Romano)
- 3 Tablespoons of Salted Whipped Butter
- 3 Tablespoons of Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Milk
- Boil Whatever Pasta you would like to use, egg noodles taste good too.
- Strain the pasta
- Take the strained Pasta and measure it in a bout that it will be served in.
- Have a Bigger pan Hot an ready, Put 2 tablespoons of butter in. let it melt and make sure the pan if cover with butter.
- Put your Macaroni in the melted butter, and mix around, now add the other tablespoon of butter, make sure you try and cover all the macaroni in the butter.
- now add the salt and pepper
- add milk, and mix to yet again cover the pasta
- now add 2 of the slices of American Cheese, let that melt and then mix it in.
- After its melted and mixed, add another 2 slices and let it melt and mix it in.
- after thats done add the last slice but also with the Parmesan cheese
- mix that in and then add 2 tablespoons of breadcrumbs, mix in to spread
- now turn the heat or fire off
- Put in serving bowl
- now gently spread the last tablespoon of breadcrumbs on the top of all the macaroni and cheese.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.