was part of
Food Fight: Macaroni and Cheese Challenge
which ended Feb 29, 2008 04:00 PM.
See winners »
All American Bacon Cheeseburger Mac Recipe
Well, The Cheeseburger, and Mac and Cheese have always been American favorites. It only seems right that they should be together, so I created a dish that I think combines them together perfectly.
- 1 16 oz. bag of elbow macaroni
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 6-8 oz. of Velveeta© cheese (depending on how cheesy you want it.)
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 4 slices of bacon chopped to small bits
- half onion chopped
- 5 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 3 tbsp. ketchup
- 3 tbsp. mustard
- 1 tbsp. pickle juice
- Start with putting a pot of water with vegetable oil and about 4 teaspoons of salt on high heat until boiling. Meanwhile Heat up a skillet on medium heat with olive oil. Add chopped onions and fry until they get soft. Add ground beef, bacon bits, remaining salt and black pepper. Around this time your water should be boiling. Add macaroni to the water.
- When the ground beef mixture and macaroni is finished cooking drain them. Add milk and cheese to macaroni and cook low heat (important so your milk doesn’t scorch.) until cheese is melted. Then add beef mixture, ketchup, mustard, and pickle juice to the macaroni. Cook on low heat a few extra minutes for it all to be warm and let the flavors blend.
- Serve and enjoy.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.