Really Easy Mac
As an act of protest against the amazing prevalence of Kraft Mac & Cheese products on my college campus, I threw together my own version, using real ingredients (and nothing in a nuclear orange color). Takes the same amount of time and tastes a million times better. So easy a recipe is really unnecessary!
- pasta (most shapes work well- I like penne)
- romano or parmesean cheese
- 1Boil water and cook pasta according to instructions (I usually use two handfuls of noodles per person for short pasta)
- 2Drain noodles and toss with butter until butter has melted (doing this in the pah speeds things up)
- 3Grate cheese on top, season to taste with salt and pepper (I like to add red pepper flakes too)
- 4Enjoy real, grown up easy mac.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved