was part of
Food Fight: Macaroni and Cheese Challenge
which ended Feb 29, 2008 04:00 PM.
See winners »
Really Easy Mac Recipe
As an act of protest against the amazing prevalence of Kraft Mac & Cheese products on my college campus, I threw together my own version, using real ingredients (and nothing in a nuclear orange color). Takes the same amount of time and tastes a million times better. So easy a recipe is really unnecessary!
- pasta (most shapes work well- I like penne)
- romano or parmesean cheese
- Boil water and cook pasta according to instructions (I usually use two handfuls of noodles per person for short pasta)
- Drain noodles and toss with butter until butter has melted (doing this in the pah speeds things up)
- Grate cheese on top, season to taste with salt and pepper (I like to add red pepper flakes too)
- Enjoy real, grown up easy mac.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.