Deep Range Mac
Just like the creators of this cool site, I and my friends share many great times over
dinner and and a few beers. We have get togethers and one of them is “Deep Range Mac” night. Traditionally thought of as a “side dish” this original recipe becomes the meal and it has quite a following with my crowd!
- 2 lbs Mac pasta
- 2 lb. ground chuck
- 2 containers Velveeta cream cheese
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 can beef stock
- garlic salt to taste
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1Brown ground chuck adding garlic salt to taste
- 2Once meat has been browned, add chopped onion and red bell peppers and allow them to carmelize.
- 3Add 1/2 can (about 5 oz) to the beef and let simmer until most of the broth has
- 4Squeeze or add the two containers of Velveeta into the meet and veggies simmer on low for 15 minutes.
- 5Cook 2 lbs. mac noodles and drain, mix noodles and meat in large pan, serve with
your favorite lager.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved