Pepper Jack Mac Recipe
This is a mac n cheese dish that goes great as an entree, or a side dish!
It was inspired by a traditional mac and cheese recipe, however I thought it needed a little more kick to it, so I switched up the cheeses.
- 1 (12 oz) package of elbow macaroni
- 1 egg
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup butter + 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups pepperjack cheese (cubed or shredded)
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese (cubed or shredded)
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat Oven 350 D. Boil the macaroni as per instruction on box. Drain and put back in pot.
- Add in butter, pepperjack and cheddar cheeses to hot/drained macaroni. Whisk Milk and eggs together, and pour over macaroni. Stir to semi-melt the cheese, and fully melt the butter.
- Spoon into baking dish. Mix bread crumbs, parmesan cheese and butter. Sprinkle over dish.
Bake 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.