was part of
Food Fight: Macaroni and Cheese Challenge
which ended Feb 29, 2008 04:00 PM.
See winners »
This creamy, savoury delight has been my family’s all-time favourite comfort food for almost 30 years. My mom used to serve it on Hallowe’en night before we went trick-or-treating, because she knew we’d eat it all up even though there was candy coming later… Now it’s a staple of my kitchen too!
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- 3Meanwhile, grate cheddar into a large microwave-safe bowl.
- 4Add mayonnaise and milk to cheddar and stir.
- 5Microwave cheese mixture on 80% for 1 minute, then stir. Repeat this step until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth and creamy.
- 6When macaroni is cooked, drain it and add it to the cheese sauce.
- 7Pour macaroni and cheese into a casserole dish. Lay strips of bacon over top.
- 8Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes or until bacon is cooked the way you like it.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.