was part of
Food Fight: Macaroni and Cheese Challenge
which ended Feb 29, 2008 04:00 PM.
See winners »
Like other awesome flavor combos, this is a taste sensation for the ages. It’s a decadent treat that satisfies the craving for Mac-n-Cheese AND Fondue at once. Two great tastes that taste great together. And it’s pretty much the easiest, cheesiest, ooiest, gooeyest goodness you’ll ever lay lips on.
To begin, let it be said that I usually make my fondue from scratch, but time was of the essence. Melty cheese, stat! This being the case, I used one of those fondue kits that have the kirsch and garlic flavors pre-mixed as a base. Very Sandra Lee “Semi-Homemade” of me, I know. But seriously, you won’t be disappointed.
- 1Heat the packaged fondue as a base.
- 2Add the 5 cups of cheese little by little, stirring to incorporate.
- 3Whenever it gets too thick, add a little milk.
- 4While the fromage is melting, boil bag of macaroni.
- 5Once done, Return the mac to the hot pan, pour the cheese sauce over it, mix it through with s&p to taste and then transfer the whole delicious mess to an oven-proof crock.
- 6Sprinkle the top with panko.
- 7Bake it at 450 for about 10 minutes to brown the top.
- 8Serve with simple salad of greens tossed in quality olive oil and sea salt (I like blood orange olive oil). Pair with a chilled Sauvignon Blanc.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.