Doi Maach (Fish in Spicy Yogurt Sauce ... a Bengali Dish) Recipe
Doi Maach (Fish in Spicy Yogurt Sauce ... a Bengali...
This is a popular Bengali dish . Bengal is an eastern state in India and boasts a very unique and rich cuisine quite different from the usual Indian food you might come across in general Indian Restaurants in America. This dish is originally made with Hilsa (a very popular fish among bengalees) but Salmon goes well with it too.
- 1 lb of fresh Salmon fillet
- 4 tsp of Mustard Oil
- 6-8 Green chillies
- 1 tsp of mustard seeds
- 1 lb Yogurt (preferably regular ones .. not the non fat ones)
- Salt to taste
- Sugar to taste
- 1Ground the mustard seeds and 2 green chillies to paste
- 2In a container beat the yogurt along with the ground mustard and add salt and sugar to taste
- 3Cut the Salmon fillet into medium sized rectangular chunks
- 4Smear the fish with a little salt and the mustard oil.
- 5sprinkle the remaining green chillies from the top
- 6pour the yogurt mixture over the fish just enough to cover them completely
- 7Keep it for 1 hour to marinate
- 8After an hour put the tray in a microwave and heat it on high for 8 mins
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.
Copyright ©2012 CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved