Alcachofas Asadas (Roasted Artichokes) Recipe
Heart healthy, simple, satisfying…inspired by an Andalusian tapas bar whose name I cannot recall.
Perfect for the start of a romantic evening….Double, or triple, up for a real crowd pleaser.
- 1 can drained, squeezed (to get water out) artichoke hearts
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- Olive oil (about 2 tbsp)
- Very, very finely diced red bell pepper (3 tbsp)
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- Sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350.
- After artichoke hearts are drained and squeezed of water, cut into quarters to expose tender parts. Arrange flat in small casserole dish. Mix the chopped garlic and olive oil in a small bowl, with a basting brush. With brush, spread olive oil mixture on top of artichokes. Grind black pepper on top to liking, and garnish with chopped red pepper.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until dish bubbles and tops of artichokes begin to brown. Careful, do not burn.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.