Choppity Chop Veggie " Cobb" Salad Recipe
A most excellent complement to a hot-off-the-grill meal, or a meal in itself, depending on your preference. While it most certainly can be made in the winter, it’s best during summer when veggies are fresher and in season.
Tip: If you have a garden of your own, or have access to one, I highly recommend you put it to good use for this dish. The most essential ingredients that really give it both texture and a cool “kick” are cucumbers and fresh basil.
Disclaimer: Your own judgment prevails; I don’t typically measure things out. Hint: Bulk should be cucumbers.
- 4 large or 6-7 medium cucumbers (pickling work best) seeds and peel removed, diced into small squares
- 2 cans artichoke hearts in water, drained, squeezed- cut into small squares
- 7-ish semi-firm plum tomatoes, seeds removed, cut into small squares
- 3 medium full scallions, chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped or crushed (optional)
- 3 peppers of different colors (reco: green, yellow, orange for looks), de-seeded, cut into small squares
- 2 avocados- somewhat firm but not unripe- cut into small squares
- Cracked Black to taste
- Sea Salt to taste
- Olive Oil to taste
- Red Wine Vinegar to taste
- OPTIONAL and NON-VEGAN: Feta Cheese Crumbles to garnish on top
- OPTIONAL and NON-VEGGIE: Chopped Grilled Chicken Chunks to mix in
- 1/4-1/3 cup fresh basil, washed and chopped small
- Wash all ingredients and de-seed. Chop all into fine squares. Add seasonings last. Add oil and vinegar last. Mix, but not too hard. Add avocados at the VERY LAST MINUTE to avoid browning. Serve an optional bowl of feta for your guests to garnish on top.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.