was part of
Food Fight: Macaroni and Cheese Challenge
which ended Feb 29, 2008 04:00 PM.
See winners »
Fancy little stars Recipe
There is much to be said for the power of comfort food—but I won’t. The last hundred paws of a brisk and long walk with poodles included a debate to introduce the Cotswold to pastina. I did, then said a prayer to my ancestors. It was delicious. Sometimes I like to get fancy like that with the pastina..
- Half cup pastina
- Four tablespoons Cotswold, chopped
- Four tablespoons extra-sharp cheddar, grated
- Two tablespoons skim milk
- Tablespoon good butter
- Grated Parmesan
- Cracked piper
- Dashes extra hot sauce
- Pour pastina into a small pot of boiling water and let cook until just before al dente.
- Drain water through a colander—with small enough holes so you won’t lose your stars down the drain—and return pastina to the small pot.
- Adjust the burner to halfway of what it took to boil the water.
- Add a pat of good butter, a quick pour of skim milk, Cotswold, and extra sharp cheddar.
- Stir with a slant edge wood spatula until everything is well-mixed.
- Serve in your favourite bowl dressed with grated Parmesan, cracked piper, and many shakes from the XXXhot bottle.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.