was part of
Food Fight: Macaroni and Cheese Challenge
which ended Feb 29, 2008 04:00 PM.
See winners »
Macaroni, Carciofi, & Cheese Recipe
This twist on the classic macaroni and cheese was inspired by a trip to Italy.
- 1 pound macaroni
- 4 artichokes (or frozen artichoke hearts)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup grated pecorino
- 8 oz ricotta cheese
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Boil the macaroni until al dente and set aside.
- Boil the artichokes until they’re done. (They’re ready when an outside leaf pulls off easily.)
- Take out the artichoke hearts.
- In a big bowl, mix the artichoke hearts, garlic, eggs, pecorino and ricotta cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Put the macaroni in a layer in a baking pan. Pour the mixture over it.
- Bake for around 30 minutes. It’s ready when it’s brown and crispy on top.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.