was part of
Food Fight: Macaroni and Cheese Challenge
which ended Feb 29, 2008 04:00 PM.
See winners »
This twist on the classic macaroni and cheese was inspired by a trip to Italy.
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Boil the macaroni until al dente and set aside.
- 3Boil the artichokes until they’re done. (They’re ready when an outside leaf pulls off easily.)
- 4Take out the artichoke hearts.
- 5In a big bowl, mix the artichoke hearts, garlic, eggs, pecorino and ricotta cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- 6Put the macaroni in a layer in a baking pan. Pour the mixture over it.
- 7Bake for around 30 minutes. It’s ready when it’s brown and crispy on top.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.