was part of
Food Fight: Macaroni and Cheese Challenge
which ended Feb 29, 2008 04:00 PM.
See winners »
Moroccan Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
Even though North Africa is not a bastion of macaroni, the flavors of Morocco blend nicely with the dish.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 yellow onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons harissa sauce
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 6 ounces grated hard sheep's or goat's milk cheese, such as pecorino
- 5 scallions, sliced
- Cook pasta in salted water until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In the same pot, melt butter and add garlic and onions, season with salt and pepper and saute until soft.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until cream is boiling and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with scallions and serve.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.