Maneuljjong-Bokkeum , 마늘종볶음 (Sauteed Garlic Stems)
Another popular ban chan dish from my Korean Restaurant days.
- 3/4 lb fresh garlic stems
- 1 1/2 tablespoons blended sesame/soy bean oil or vegetable oil
Stir Fry Sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon pure toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 2 green or spring onion, chopped
- 1/2 bunch chives, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, rough chopped
Wash garlic stems in cold water and drain well.
Cut stems into one inch lengths.
Heat a pan over high heat then add oil.
Add garlic stems and stir fry until tender, three to four minutes.
Add soy sauce, sugar, and salt and cook for an additional one to two minutes.
Add optional ingredients and sesame oil and cook for 30 seconds.
Transfer to serving dish and garnish with sesame seeds.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved