Curry Brussels Sprouts Recipe
I told my mom that I just bought a cabbage on a stick and I ate 8 whole cabbages all by myself! She told me that I was exaggerating, but if it was true, she was going to stay clear of my fiber heavy down wind for a few hours! “Whew!” But don’t worry mamma, I only ate 8 mini cabbages or what most people call, brussels sprouts. “Hee! Hee!” .
My local market had some stalks of brussels sprouts and I left the market wielding this cool weapon of baby brussel bullets. They ‘re mighty tasty with a nice addition of curry and coconut milk and if you’re lucky enough to get your hands on a whole stalk, you’ve got dinner and a weapon!
- About 12 brussels sprouts
- 2 cloves finely minced garlic
- 2 shallots or 1/2 medium chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons grape seed oil (or any vegetable oil)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 3 table spoons cream or coconut milk (optional)
- Cut brussels sprouts in to quarters or halves. Separate cut section from loose leaves. Prepare bowl of ice water. Bring pot of water to boil, add larger sections of brussels sprouts to water first. Blanch in hot water for just about 3-5 seconds then immedately toss in loose leaves. Stir once , then immediately drain brussels sprouts and add to ice bath. Once cooled, remove brussel sprouts and blot dry with paper towels.
- Heat pan , add oil then minced garlic and shallots will brown. Add brussels sprouts, toss in garlic/shalltos, then add soy sauce, salt and curry powder. Toss brussels in pan very well and cook very quickly, for only about 1 minute . Do not over cook! Remove from heat and enjoy.
- For a creamier option, add about 3 stable spoons of coconut milk and cook for an additional 30 seconds .
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.