A simple but delightful soup that goes well with most Korean main dishes.
- 1Prepare Optional ingredients if desired:
Thin Slice beef and/or radish (about 1/8 inch thick).
Note: Partially freezing the beef will make it easier to slice.
Cut chives into 1 inch lengths.
Slice peppers in thin slices from top to bottom.
- 2Wash bean sprouts and remove any remaining roots.
- 3Cut scallion/onion into 1/2 inch sections with a diagonal cut.
- 4Slice garlic cloves in half from top to bottom.
- 5In a large pot, add salt, anchovies, and dried kelp to water and bring to a full boil over high heat.
Remove anchovies and kelp from broth and discard.
- 6Add garlic, and any or all of the optional ingredients to pot.
Return to boil, reduce heat to medium and cook for two minutes.
- 7Add bean sprouts, enoki mushrooms, and chili pepper flakes and cook for one more minute.
- 8Remove from heat, add green onion/scallion and sprinkle with sesame seed.
- 9Serve while hot with sticky rice and kimchi.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.