Ninfa's or Adrian's Green Sauce Recipe
- 3 med. green tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 4 tomatillos (Mexican green tomatoes with husks) cleaned and chopped
- 1-2 jalapenos stemmed, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 3 small cloves garlic minced
- 3 medium ripe avocados
- 4 sprigs cilantro
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 Â½ c. sour cream
- Combine tomatoes, tomatillos, jalapenos and garlic in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes, or until tomatoes are soft. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Peel, pit and slice avocados, set aside. Place tomato mixture, avocados, cilantro and salt in food processor. (You may need to do this in batches.) Process until smooth. Pour mixture into a large bowl; stir in sour cream. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Serve in small bowls with chips.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.