Blood Orange Vinaigrette Recipe
This vivid, citrusy dressing gets sweetness from blood oranges, tartness from lemon juice, and some zing from shallots and whole-grain mustard. Try it on a simple salad of mâche and toasted, slivered almonds, or drizzle it over roasted beets and segmented blood oranges for a light winter salad.
This recipe was featured as part of our Cooking with Winter Ingredients story.
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated blood orange zest
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed blood orange juice (from 3 to 4 medium oranges)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 2 teaspoons whole-grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil