Korean Style Broccoli Salad (Fusion) Recipe
This is a well received tossed broccoli salad with a Korean twist.
- 6 cups broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Korean rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pure roasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 inch knob of fresh ginger
- 4 cloves fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground red chili pepper (chili flakes)
- Preparation :
- Broccoli : -
Heat water in stove top or electric steamer (or a large lidded pot with a colander, sieve, or strainer that can sit above water level).
Wash broccoli florets in cold water then place into steamer.
Steam until tender crisp (3 to 5 minutes).
- Sesame Seeds:–
Check for and discard stones and broken kernels (Usually only found in bulk product).
Heat a dry skillet/pan over medium high heat, add sesame seeds, and toast until golden browned, stirring often.
Remove from heat and let cool.
- Thin slice the garlic, then sliver each slice.
- Peel ginger and finely grate.
- Mix Dressing:
- Whisk soy sauce, vinegar, oil and honey together in a large bowl until until well mixed.
Add ginger, garlic, and 1/2 the sesame seeds and mix well.
Let stand at room temperature for at least 15 minutes to let the flavor develop.
- Final Mix:
- Add broccoli to dressing and toss.
Let stand at room temperature for up to two hours, tossing every so often.
Move broccoli to serving dish and pour the dressing from the bowl over it.
Sprinkle with remaining sesame seed and chili flakes if desired.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.