Bill's Salsa Recipe
When this recipe was created I was on a salsa binge. A friend asked me for the recipe and I didn’t know. He bought the ingredients and I cooked while he measured and recorded and this is the result.
It never seems to be able to cool because it gets eaten quickly.
- 5 Jalapenos (Or Serranos for more HEAT)
- 1 Tablespoon Instant Chicken Bouillon (GRANULATED)
- 1 Large Onion (White or Yellow)
- 4 Large Tomatoes
- 1 Cup Chopped Fresh Cilantro Leaves
- 5 Medium Cloves Garlic or 1 ½ TBLS minced Garlic (From JAR)
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Cumin SEED or 1 ½ TBLS POWDER
- Peanut Oil (For Cooking)
- Salt and Pepper (To taste)
- Dip tomatoes into boiling water for about 2 ~ 3 minutes.(Skins break)
Place immediately under cool running water.
Core tomatoes and peel.
- Dice onion and tomatoes.
- CHOP cilantro (Using only leaves).
- Keep ingredients separate from each other
- Sauté cumin seed until aromatic
- Press or Chop Garlic. Mix garlic with cumin (seed) and crush in molcajete.
- Pour about 1 ~ 2 TBLS Peanut oil into IRON SKILLET.
Heat skillet until oil is smoking.
Using tongs to hold and rotate Peppers, Blister evenly and stick the peppers
under cool running water.
Remove the peppers’ skin and dice peppers into small pieces.
- In same HOT IRON skillet; reduce heat and sauté onion with Garlic/Cumin mixture until onions turn clear.
- Add peppers & cilantro. Sauté until cilantro wilts.
- Add tomatoes. DO NOT OVERCOOK OR IT WILL TURN TO MUSH
- Simmer while stirring for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add bouillon. Stir in well.
- SALT AND PEPPER to taste.
- EITHER EAT OR CHILL IMMEDIATELY (TO STOP COOKING).
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.