When this recipe was created I was on a salsa binge. A friend asked me for the recipe and I didn’t know. He bought the ingredients and I cooked while he measured and recorded and this is the result.
It never seems to be able to cool because it gets eaten quickly.
- 1Dip tomatoes into boiling water for about 2 ~ 3 minutes.(Skins break)
Place immediately under cool running water.
Core tomatoes and peel.
- 2Dice onion and tomatoes.
- 3CHOP cilantro (Using only leaves).
- 4Keep ingredients separate from each other
- 5Sauté cumin seed until aromatic
- 6Press or Chop Garlic. Mix garlic with cumin (seed) and crush in molcajete.
- 7Pour about 1 ~ 2 TBLS Peanut oil into IRON SKILLET.
Heat skillet until oil is smoking.
Using tongs to hold and rotate Peppers, Blister evenly and stick the peppers
under cool running water.
Remove the peppers’ skin and dice peppers into small pieces.
- 1In same HOT IRON skillet; reduce heat and sauté onion with Garlic/Cumin mixture until onions turn clear.
- 2Add peppers & cilantro. Sauté until cilantro wilts.
- 3Add tomatoes. DO NOT OVERCOOK OR IT WILL TURN TO MUSH
- 4Simmer while stirring for 2 to 3 minutes.
- 5Add bouillon. Stir in well.
- 6SALT AND PEPPER to taste.
- 7EITHER EAT OR CHILL IMMEDIATELY (TO STOP COOKING).
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.