Coffee Sauce Recipe
Game plan: For a slacker solution, buy high-quality caramel sauce and whisk in strong espresso or coffee-flavored liqueur.
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Combine cream and espresso powder in a medium bowl and whisk until powder is dissolved; set aside.
- Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan and stir to combine. Place over medium-high heat, bring to a boil, and let cook undisturbed until amber in color, about 5 minutes. Immediately add butter and stir to incorporate.
- Remove from heat and whisk in cream mixture and salt until smooth.