'Baker Bleu' Baked Potato Recipe
A different and delicious way to enjoy a baked potato. Trader Joe’s moist and melty (crumbled) Salem Blue Cheese, along with Mexican crema, turns a tradtional favorite into a uniquely different side.
- 1 'Med or Lg' Russet potato per serving
- A 'moist' crumbled blue cheese (I use Trader Joe's Salem Blue)
- Mexican Crema (A rich table cream. I use Cacique brand)
- Fresh milled black pepper(corns)
- Rinse and thoroughly dry potato(es). Prick with fork and place ‘naked’ potato(es) on oven rack of a preheated 450 degree oven and bake for about 50 minuets. Remove baked potato(es) and place on an oven-safe plate. Knife split potato(es), cutting to about half way down each rounded end, but not through to the bottom. Squeeze apart and fork crumble/mash insides well. Add/top with desired amount of crumbled blue cheese. Place back in oven for about five minutes or so or until blue cheese just starts to melt, or melt to your desired consistency. Remove and pour on, amount to suit, Mexican crema. Mix well with fork and if desired add on some fresh coarse milled black pepper.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.