This is a quick and easy meal that can be rustled up in 15 minutes. It’s based around one delicious ingredient, XO sauce, a spicy seafood sauce from Hong Kong, containing dried scallop, shrimp, fish, chilli, garlic and oil. I came up with the recipe one lunch-time after craving the taste of XO. But you can ‘XO’ anything you want! Just experiment.
- 1Boil water for the noodles in a saucepan.
- 2Heat a frying pan and add some vegetable oil.
- 3Finely chop the leek, and crush and chop the garlic, and the ginger, then start frying.
- 4Add the scallops (according to the instructions, they need to be cooked for 9 minutes if frozen).
- 5Season with sea salt and white pepper and keep tossing and stirring so that nothing sticks to the pan.
- 6Add noodles to saucepan and drain when cooked.
- 7Add noodles to scallops, add the XO sauce and mix well until noodles are covered with the XO sauce. Serve immediately!
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.