Bittersweet Chocolate Sauce Recipe
More bitter than sweet, this intense chocolate sauce is the perfect pairing for your next ice cream sundae.
Game plan: To reheat the sauce, cover it and microwave for 1 minute. Remove from the microwave and stir until completely melted.
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 10 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine cream, milk, water, cocoa powder, corn syrup, and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, whisking until cocoa powder is completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add chocolate, butter, and vanilla, stirring until chocolate is melted and sauce is smooth. Serve warm.