My Mother used to make the best falling off the bone Chicken Paprikash when we were growing up! The combination of the sharp hot paprika and the cool sour cream was so delicious on a cold day after school! We also enjoyed this dish in a tiny little Hungarian Restaurant in New Brunswick, NJ not far from the train station. The owner used to come out of the kitchen and make us clean our plates! It wasn’t hard though, everything was so good right down to the homemade noodles.
- 1Salt and pepper chicken to taste.
- 2Heat olive oil in base of pressure cooker and brown chicken on both sides and remove to a dish.
- 3Add onions, bell pepper and shallot to pan and sautee for a few minutes.
- 4Add the paprika over the vegetables. Stir. Add the chicken stock and marinara. Add back the chicken. Close the pressure cooker and bring up to pressure.
- 5Cook under pressure for 15 minutes or check your own pressure cooker’s instruction book for the proper time for your cooker. Mine is a Fagor Duo Cooker.
- 6Bring down pressure. Serve over noodles with a dollop of sour cream.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.