Ethiopian-style Timatim Fitfit Recipe
Ethiopian-style bread salad using injera, a flat bread
- 1 tsp. berbere or red pepper paste (awaze)
- 1/3 cup wine (white, rose or red) or tej
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium tomato (chopped)
- 1/2 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 Jalapeno (chopped)
- 1/2 Anaheim pepper (chopped)
- 1 clove diced garlic.
- 1 fresh injera ripped into small pieces
- Mix berbere or red pepper paste with wine.
- Add lemon juice and olive oil.
- Add tomatoes, onions, peppers and garlic, Mix well.
- Break injera into small pieces and add to mixture. Let sit until liquid is absorbed (about 1 hour).
- Serve cold. Refrigerate mixture in bottle or jar.
- Note: Amounts of tomatoes, onions and peppers can be adjusted to taste or what is on hand.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.