Tangy Cranberry Bread Recipe
My Cranberry Bread recipe is the zippiest I’ve made—thanks to an extra dollop of this special ingredient! And it’s not just for Thanksgiving anymore.
I love this bread for breakfast during the holidays…or alongside that special family feast…or for a healthy dessert. And it’s packed with anti-oxidents.
Check out my other recipes at www.easy-chocolate-and-dessert-recipes.com!
- 4 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine (we prefer butter)
- 3 heaping teaspoons of freshly-grated orange peel
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice
- 6 cups fresh, washed and chopped cranberries
- 1-1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Using a knife, cut the butter into little pieces and drop into the bowl; mix until crumbly.
- Add the egg, orange juice, and orange peel and mix until moise. Carefully fold walnuts, then the cranberries.
- Spray two loaf pans with cooking spray and pour batter evenly into the two pans. Bake at 350 degree for 65 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool pans on a wire rack 15 minutes, then invert bread onto wire rack to continue cooling. Makes two loaves.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.