Due to receiving an abundant supply of green tomatoes (must have been 10 pounds), I had to get creative. I came up with this idea because I love vegetable flavored omelets, but have never mastered the art of making omelets so mine always end up as scrambled eggs. What I discovered is that green tomatoes make a good substitute for green bell peppers (similar taste and texture). I created this recipe and both my husband and I decided it will be a keeper.
- 1Crack eggs into medium sized bowl.
- 2Spray frying pan with non-stick cooking spray
- 3Add chopped onion, chopped green tomatoes, pimento, shredded cheese, salt and pepper to egg. Mix thoroughly.
- 4Heat frying pan to medium heat. When pan is heated, add egg mixture.
- 5Allow to cook until bottom has begun to firm up. Gently stir eggs and turn them so entire mixture is allowed to cook to desired texture (golden but not browned).
- 6Remove from pan and plate immediately.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.