Toasted Mochi in Seaweed (Norimaki Mochi) Recipe
Norimaki mochi is made by broiling mochi, sprinkling them in soy sauce, and wrapping them in seaweed. This snack is sweet, savory, and one of our favorite ways to eat mochi.
What to buy: Nori can be found in the Asian section of most supermarkets and at Asian grocery stores.
This recipe was featured as part of our New Year’s, Japanese Style story.
- 1 (7-1/2-by-8-inch) sheet nori
- 8 (2-1/2-inch) Basic Savory Mochi
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- Heat the broiler to high and arrange the rack in the upper third of the oven. Cut nori into 8 (7-1/2-by-1-inch) strips and set aside.
- Place mochi on a baking sheet and broil, turning frequently, until inflated, crisp, and brown on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle mochi with soy sauce, wrap with nori, and serve.