Spicy with a milky creaminess, this robust stew came out of a craving for Indian food and a bunch of fresh organic produce from a local farm. A perfect meal for a cold winter night.
Can be made with any kind of meat – but we bought lamb center steaks and cubed them up and it was really good. Could also skip the meat altogether for a hearty vegetarian stew.
- 1Heat olive oil in large saucepan. Sautee onions until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- 2Add diced meat and brown on all four sides. Diced garlic can go in now too.
- 3Add all spices, in any order, stirring frequently, once onions are cooked and lamb is browned
- 4Add sour cream and half and half
- 5Add rinsed spinach and chickpeas, stir for a minute straight until everything is mixed together.
- 6Simmer on low heat for about half an hour until it starts to smell really good.
- 7Serve over rice or mashed root vegetable bed.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.