Spiked Frozen Coffee Shots Recipe
Under 5 mins, plus freezing time
Made from nothing more than sweetened condensed milk and very strong coffee, Southeast Asian coffee is a force to be reckoned with. Spike it with some coffee liqueur and freeze it, and you’ve got an adult take on frozen pops that are a great late-night treat at a cocktail party or any other time you want to get down.
What to buy: Silicone ice cube trays are key to easily unmolding the shots.
This recipe was featured as part of our Wii Gaming Menu, as well as our Drinks Around the World feature.
- 16 double espresso shots (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup coffee-flavored liqueur, such as Kahlúa
- Combine espresso, milk, and liqueur in a large bowl and whisk until milk is evenly incorporated.
- Pour mixture into silicone ice cube trays and freeze 3 to 4 hours. Place toothpicks in the partially set shots and let freeze completely, at least 8 hours.
- When ready to serve, unmold the shots and consume immediately.
Copyright ©2012 CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved