These intensely garlicky croutons were made for Caesar Salad. But they would also add crunch to a simple mixed-greens salad or puréed soup, not to mention be a great way to use leftover bread.
- 1 sourdough baguette, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 6 cups)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1Heat oven to 350°F. Place bread cubes in a large heatproof bowl.
- 2Heat olive oil, butter, and garlic in a small saucepan over medium-low heat until butter is foamy. Season with salt, pour over bread cubes, and toss to coat.
- 3Spread bread cubes in an even layer on a baking sheet and bake until golden, about 20 to 25 minutes.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved