Cranberry and Citrus Sauce
A good cranberry sauce can make or break Thanksgiving. This one, flavored by orange and grapefruit, is aromatic, sweet, and tart all at once. It’s a natural on turkey, but would be equally good on any roasted poultry or pork.
This was featured as part of our Neoslacker Interactive Thanksgiving menu.
- 1 (12-ounce bag) frozen or fresh cranberries (about 3 cups)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated ruby red grapefruit zest
- 1/2 cup ruby red grapefruit segments, medium dice
- 1Combine cranberries, sugar, orange juice, and both zests in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes.
- 2Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, then reduce heat to medium low and simmer until thickened and cranberries are beginning to fall apart, about 20 to 25 minutes. Spoon into a heatproof serving bowl.
- 3Drain grapefruit segments, discarding any accumulated juices, and stir into cranberry sauce. Cool to room temperature, cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve cold or at room temperature.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved