Curried Turkey Salad Recipe
Toasty coconut bits, sweet raisins, and curried yogurt dress up leftover turkey.
- 1/2 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced shallot
- 2 cups cooked, medium-dice roasted turkey (about 8 ounces)
- 1/2 cup small-dice sweet apple, such as Fuji
- 1/2 cup toasted, unsweetened, shredded dried coconut
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Whisk together the yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, curry powder, ginger, and shallot in a medium, nonreactive bowl until smooth.
- Add the remaining measured ingredients, season with salt and pepper, and stir until evenly combined.
Beverage pairing: Lustau Los Arcos Dry Amontillado, Spain. Though it’s not an obvious pairing, dry amontillado sherry from the south of Spain is a great match for curry. Its nuttiness and honey flavor (without the sweetness) just seem to merge perfectly with the earth tones of curry. Chill the wine and drink it in small quantities, as it’s fortified.