The Duet of Pears-tini Recipe
This was a final competition cocktail in the CHOW Cocktail Square Off, a cocktail recipe contest copresented with Square One® Organic Vodka and Om Organics.
- 1/2 teaspoon lavender, ground with a mortar and pestle
- Seeds from 1/2 vanilla bean pod
- 1 ounce Marshall pear, juiced or muddled
- 1 ounce puréed Prickly pear
- 2 ounces Square One® Organic Vodka
- 1/2 ounce Cointreau
- Caramelized sugar, for garnish
- Muddle lavender and vanilla with pears, add vodka and Cointreau, and shake with ice. Strain into a caramelized-sugar-rimmed martini glass.
- To garnish the rim, heat natural cane sugar in a small saucepan (do not use a nonstick pan) over low heat. Add a split vanilla bean if you like. When the sugar has browned, let it cool slightly and dip the martini glass in the pan to coat the rim. Note: If the glass is chilled before coating, it may break.