Caesar Dressing Recipe
Traditionally Caesar Salad was made tableside by dressing romaine leaves with the whole egg, cheese, and garlic all at once. We’ve made the process a little bit easier, and a lot less dramatic, by combining the dressing ingredients first, allowing you to have the salad-topper on hand any time you please.
Game plan: This recipe calls for raw eggs. While it’s perfectly safe for healthy adults to consume raw eggs, the elderly, pregnant women, or anyone with a delicate immune system should not.
- 2 anchovy fillets, rinsed and finely chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Place anchovies and garlic on a cutting board and make a paste by dragging the side of a chef’s knife across them at a 15-degree angle about 10 times or until a smooth paste forms. Place in a medium bowl.
- Whisk the whole egg, egg yolk, lemon juice, and Worcestershire into the anchovy mixture until smooth. Slowly add the oil, whisking constantly until the vinaigrette is emulsified. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Copyright ©2012 CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved