Watercress-Walnut Dip Recipe
Under 5 mins
1 1/4 cups
This sophisticated starter more closely resembles a pesto, and its peppery, nutty flavor goes great with our Black Pepper Lavash.
Game plan: If your bunches of watercress are large, try adding them to the food processor a little at a time, pulsing as you go.
You can make this dip up to 3 days in advance.
This recipe was featured as part of our Neoslacker Interactive Thanksgiving.
- 2 bunches watercress (about 12 ounces), washed, dried, and tough stems removed
- 4 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 4 medium garlic cloves, peeled
- 7 tablespoons walnut oil
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Combine all ingredients except oils in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a blade attachment. With the processor running, slowly drizzle in oils.
- Continue processing until mixture resembles a thick pesto, about 1 minute. Season well with salt. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Copyright ©2012 CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved