Rose Mary Cocktail Recipe
Ronaldo Colli, a San Francisco Bay Area mixologist and co-owner of the Ivy Room in Albany, California, developed this cocktail for CHOW. The combination of watermelon, rosemary, vodka, and Licor 43 may seem odd, but the flavors are surprisingly complementary and refreshing. Sip one on a hot summer evening or enjoy at a barbecue.
What to buy: Licor 43 Cuarenta y Tres is a Spanish liqueur with great spiced notes and a vanilla flavor; it’s often served on the rocks. It can be found at high-end liquor stores and online.
- 1 (2-inch piece) rosemary
- 4 (1-inch cubes) seedless watermelon
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka
- 3/4 ounce Licor 43 Cuarenta y Tres liqueur
- 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 lime wheel, for garnish
- 1 (5-inch-long) rosemary branch, leaves peeled off beginning approximately two fingers from the top, for garnish
- Fill a tall glass with ice and set it aside.
- Muddle the rosemary and watermelon in a cocktail shaker until the watermelon is completely broken up. Add the vodka, Licor 43, and lime juice, plus enough ice to fill the shaker halfway. Close and shake until frosty, about 20 seconds.
- Strain into the chilled glass and garnish with the lime wheel and rosemary branch.