If an Amaretto Sour is considered dangerous for the ease with which it’s imbibed, consider this cocktail truly formidable. Amaretto, Maker’s Mark, and ginger ale combine to improve on overly sweet sour mix, and mashed-up cranberry sauce is added for a new twist on leftovers.
This recipe was featured as part of our Thanksgiving Leftovers photo gallery.
- 1 ounce Cranberry and Citrus Sauce (or other cranberry sauce)
- 1 ounce bourbon, such as Maker’s Mark
- 1 ounce amaretto, such as Disaronno almond liqueur, or make your own
- 2 ounces ginger ale
- Lime wedge
- 1Combine cranberry sauce, bourbon, and amaretto in a cocktail shaker and muddle until most of the cranberries and citrus are broken up.
- 2Fill the shaker with ice, cover, and shake vigorously. Pour the contents into a highball glass (do not strain), and top with ginger ale. Squeeze the lime wedge over top and serve.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved