Yogurt Drink (Dugh) Recipe
To help us learn more about Persian (a.k.a. Iranian) food, we turned to culinary authority Najmieh Batmanglij. In addition to insight on Persian culinary traditions, she provided us with recipes from her book New Food of Life.
- 1 cup whole-milk yogurt, well beaten
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint or a dash of dried mint flakes, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups club soda or spring water, chilled
- Pour yogurt, mint, salt, and pepper into a pitcher. Stir well.
- Add club soda or spring water gradually, stirring constantly. Add 3 or 4 ice cubes and mix again.
- Serve chilled. Nush-e-Jan!
© 2007 From New Food of Life by Najmieh Batmanglij by permission of Mage Publishers
This recipe, while from a trusted source, may not have been tested by the CHOW food
Copyright ©2012 CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved