Walnut Cookies (Nan-e gerdui) Recipe
- 5 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons ground pistachios for decoration
- In a mixing bowl, beat egg yolks until creamy. Add the confectioners’ sugar, vanilla, and walnuts. Beat thoroughly for a few minutes with a wooden spoon.
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Grease a cookie sheet. Drop batter by the teaspoonful on the sheet, leaving about 2 1/2 inches between cookies. Decorate each one with ground pistachios.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes in the center of the oven. Remove the cookies from the oven and cool. Lift the cookies off the sheet.
- Arrange the cookies on a serving dish. Nush-e Jan!
© 2007 From New Food of Life by Najmieh Batmanglij by permission of Mage Publishers
This recipe, while from a trusted source, may not have been tested by the CHOW food team.