Mango Margarita Recipe
If you can’t make it to the beach, bring the beach to you with this tropical margarita from Miami’s now-defunct Karu&Y.
What to buy: Frida Kahlo Tequila Blanco is used in this drink, but you could substitute any 100 percent agave blanco tequila.
Agave nectar, also known as agave syrup, is available at health food stores and online at Wild Organics. If you can’t find it, just substitute simple syrup.
- 1/4 medium mango, chopped
- 3 ounces blanco tequila, such as Frida Kahlo
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 ounce agave nectar
- 1/4 ounce orange-flavored liqueur, such as Grand Marnier
- Fresh mango cubes, for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle together the chopped mango and ice.
- Add the tequila, lime juice, agave nectar, and orange-flavored liqueur and shake vigorously.
- Strain and serve up in a chilled glass. Garnish with mango cubes.
Copyright ©2012 CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved