La Pinela Recipe
Adapted from Rosa Mexicano Restaurant
Rosa Mexicano’s perfectly balanced La Pinela cocktail is made with pineapple juice, cinnamon syrup, lime juice, and tequila.
What to buy: Licor 43 Cuarenta y Tres is a Spanish liqueur with great spiced notes and a vanilla flavor that’s often served on the rocks. It can be found at high-end liquor stores and online.
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Lime wedge, for rimming the glass
- 1 1/2 ounces silver (blanco), 100 percent agave tequila
- 1 1/2 ounces naturally sweetened pineapple juice
- 1/2 ounce Licor 43
- 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 ounce Cinnamon Syrup
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a shallow dish. Rim a glass with the lime wedge, then coat the outside rim of the glass with the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Fill the glass with ice.
- Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice, add the remaining ingredients, and shake until the shaker is frosty, about 20 to 30 seconds. Strain into the glass.
Copyright ©2012 CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved