Zapatos Nuevos Recipe
This blended summer drink was given to us by Tres Restaurant (formerly known as Tres Agaves). It comes together in only a few minutes and can easily be doubled or tripled to serve a crowd. Just blend tequila, watermelon, lime juice, and agave nectar and pour over ice. A basil leaf garnish adds a bit of fragrant spice.
- 4 ounces blanco tequila
- 1 ounce agave nectar
- 2 cups watermelon cubes (1 inch square)
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 basil leaves, for garnish
- Fill 2 tall glasses with ice and set aside.
- Place all of the measured ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into the prepared glasses and garnish with the basil leaves.