Adapted from Dale DeGroff
Dubbed “King Cocktail,” legendary mixologist Dale DeGroff came up with the tasty (albeit weird-sounding) Copa Verde blended cocktail as a unique way to start a meal.
What to buy: Agave syrup, also known as agave nectar, is available at health food stores and online. If you can’t find it, just substitute Rich Simple Syrup.
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, barely chopped
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 8 ounces silver tequila
- 4 ounces freshly squeezed lime juice
- 4 ounces water
- 4 ounces light agave syrup, plus more for rimming the glasses
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1Mix together the thyme and salt in a small, shallow bowl. Place a small amount of agave syrup in another small bowl. Using your finger, rim 6 shooter glasses with the syrup, then dip the rims into the thyme-salt mixture. Set the glasses aside.
- 2Place the remaining ingredients except the ice in a blender and blend on high until smooth.
- 3Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice. Pour in some of the blended mixture, filling the shaker about halfway. Shake until thoroughly chilled, about 20 to 30 seconds. Strain into the rimmed shooter glasses. Repeat with the remaining blended ingredients. Serve immediately.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved