Blackberry and Cabernet Caipirinha Recipe
Adapted from Duggan McDonnell
4 - 6 drinks
Blackberry and Cabernet Caipirinha
A culturally confused cocktail, to say the least, this drink combines elements of Sangría and the Caipirinha, then adds a twist. It’s one of the most popular drinks at Cantina in San Francisco.
What to buy: Cachaça, a sugarcane-derived spirit with a 500-year history, can be found at most well-stocked liquor stores.
Use a well-balanced, affordable Cabernet Sauvignon that will not overwhelm the other flavors in this cocktail.
- 1 cup blackberries
- 2 medium limes, quartered
- 6 ounces cachaça
- 2 ounces Cabernet Sauvignon
- 1 1/2 ounces freshly squeezed lime juice (from about 3 medium limes)
- 2 ounces freshly squeezed orange juice (from about 1/2 medium orange)
- 4 ounces Rich Simple Syrup
- 2 ounces cranberry juice
- Lime and orange wheels, for garnish
- 1Combine the blackberries and quartered limes in a large pitcher and muddle until well crushed.
- 2Add the cachaça, Cabernet, lime juice, orange juice, simple syrup, cranberry juice, and some ice and stir to chill thoroughly. Garnish with lime and orange wheels and serve.
Copyright ©2012 CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved