Peach, Tomato, and Sweet Onion Salsa Recipe
This fruit salsa adds a bright accent to anything it tops; we especially like it on our Buttermilk Chicken. Just make sure to buy peaches and tomatoes at the peak of their ripeness, as they define the salsa’s flavor.
- 3 medium peaches, small dice (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 medium tomatoes, small dice (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, such as Vidalia or Maui, small dice (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Combine peaches, tomatoes, onion, and lemon juice in a small nonreactive mixing bowl. Season well with salt and let sit at least 20 minutes.
- Just prior to using, season well with freshly ground black pepper and mix thoroughly.