Red Lentil Pâté Bruschetta with Poached Eggs
On a trip home to Des Moines, Iowa, I had a delightful brunch at La Mie Bakery. In addition to enjoying buttery croissants and a decent latte, I indulged in a homemade baguette slathered with an earthy bean spread, which became the inspiration for this dish.
Game plan: Everything in this recipe can be assembled in advance. When you’re ready to eat, reheat the bread and eggs, top with sprouts, and serve.
This recipe was featured as part of our Supercharge with Superfoods photo gallery.
- 8 (1/2-inch) slices sweet baguette, cut on the bias
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup "Red Lentil Pâté ":/recipes/11000
- 4 poached eggs
- 1/2 cup mixed sprouts (such as alfalfa, radish, or lentil)
- 1Heat the oven to 350°F and arrange a rack in the middle. Brush one side of each bread slice with olive oil and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Arrange bread on a baking sheet and bake until slightly golden around the edges, about 5 minutes.
- 2To serve, spread 1 tablespoon pâté on each bread slice. Place 2 bread slices on each plate, top with 1 poached egg, and garnish with 2 tablespoons sprouts. Serve.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved