Pico de Gallo Recipe
Under 5 mins
This fresh salsa is essential for dipping chips in. The lively combination of tomatoes, onion, and cilantro also enhances everything from grilled chicken to quesadillas.
Game plan: The salsa will last up to 5 days refrigerated in a covered container.
This recipe was featured as part of both our Tomatoes! photo gallery and our Chile Pepper Recipes photo gallery.
- 3/4 cup white onion, minced (about 1/2 medium onion)
- 1 1/2 cups plum tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped (about 4 large tomatoes)
- 1 tablespoon serrano chiles, stemmed, seeded, and minced (about 2 medium chiles)
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (from 1 small lime)
Combine ingredients in a medium nonreactive bowl and season well with salt. Add more lime juice as desired.
Copyright ©2012 CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved